Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grunow model 580 only tracking on half of tuning cap

The voltages are a little off, but that can just be due to line voltage and to resistor drift. Looking at the pictures of the condenser positions for 620kc and 1470kc they seem a little "unmeshed" for both frequencies, but it is very difficult for me to say since I cannot see the dial scale. I would try a complete alignment, following the instructions given in Riders for that model. http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel...008372.pdf  The notes on the alignment instructions say the proper IF frequency should be stamped on the back of the chassis. It also gives instructions how to check it if it isn't, basically, feed first one, and then the other frequency into the receiver through a 200mmf condenser with the signal from the signal generator on the antenna terminal and the ground to the ground terminal. The correct frequency should give you a signal through. Just read and follow the instructions. I do find it odd that you say the 2 short wave bands work fine and the frequencies are where they should be on the dial. I also noticed that the schematic uses the letter "M" for 1000 ohms, like modern schematics use "K" . It uses "Meg" for megohm, so don't let that confuse you. They did that on some old schematics. It confused me the first time I ran into it.