Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Who knows what happened?

Guys I need your help. I listen through the internet..... When I do not listen to my old tubers, through a Reciva internet radio. Some years ago I bought this radio through CC crane in Cal. All of sudden the radio stopped recieving stations through the internet. When I went to the website to report the problem the website was no longer on the web. The site is gone and Reciva is no longer. I know a lot of you guys talk about listening to the web through a radio, but what other way would I be able to do this? I did listen to a lot of radio stations through this radio. Please help me guys as I sure do miss listening to everything on the web radio stations. Reciva had 16,000 radio stations at one time. Also why would the  website just disapear and let the people that had their radios that did listen regularly leave them out in the cold...... Please let me know how you guys listen to the radio off the web, It was good to listen as I laid in bed at nite. Thanks John.

I found this page that explains things:

CCrane website - Reciva

It seems that they are unable to support it, and the page warns that the service "Will not work soon"
Further down is the warning that:

"[b]The CC WiFi-3 comes with the risk of losing connection to Skytune's server if they were to shut down in the future. As we have previously documented in our catalog and on the web: C. Crane has no control over content or the stream provider for Internet radios and cannot be responsible for Internet radio programs or availability."[/b]

So, unfortunately, this may be your problem. 

I don't hold with furniture that talks.

Sorry, John, I VERY, VERY rarely have listened to a radio station over the web. When I have, I just look up the station's call letters and frequency with Duck Duck Go, then go to the station's website. Then I can listen to their live stream through my computer. Usually, to listen to radio, I just use whatever radio I have as my "daily driver" at the time.

I ran into this after paying $100 for a C Crane wi-fi... really irked the H**l out of me. Seems that they could have at least set up the radio to be able to "surf" to a station, the way my other internet radios do... but Nooooooo.

My Sangean WF 28 had a similar issue with the favorites you could set up on line, but now is resolved. I enjoy it as I can always search and it has a few presets. I am pleased with it, keeps good company at nite.

Paul

My two grace digital internet radio are afflicted by this. Now they keep dropping off the internet and won't restart with manual intervention. And no more search function.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

Brenda what other internet radios do you use? Is there one out their that would replace my cc crane one?

I had been using Logitech Squeezebox radios. I have two around here someplace, but can't seem to find them, so no way to know whether they still work.

About the only sure way to get most internet radio now seems to be using a browser on a phone or an old laptop.

I have two Logitech Squeezebox radios and they still are working.

Jim
Spring Lake MI

Jim thankyou for letting me know your radios still work. This weekend lot about picking one up. I hope when I get it that the service will be around for a while.   Icon_thumbup  

Can't say this will work for you but I have an AV receiver with internet streaming and they use a site called vtuner

$4/year for all you can drink.

Thanks,

Mike

Cossor 3468
GE 417A
Philco 118H
Radiola 17/100
Scott 800B6
Silvertone 6130
Stromberg 535M
Truetone D1952