Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

CROSLEY#03CA

TUNNING GANG NEEDS REPLACED WHERE CAN I FIND OR IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN REPAIR HWHITE , hwhite19@juno.com

You might try Play Things of Past:
http://oldradioparts.com/

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

I assume the rotary fins are shorting to the stationary fins, but it might be more serious than that. If it's really a goner, try to get a junker with a better one and proceed.

I would ordinarily blast out the old grease on the ball bearings with WD40, and then use a VTVM to detect shorts as I advance from full open to full closed position and bend the fins to eiminate the shorts. A digital meter will drive you crazy for this excercise. I just use a piece of paper to confirm my findings.

If the offending matter is dust and mouse s*it, blast it out with deoxit, or remove the whole contraption and boil it out (yes in an old pot) and let it dry for a day. Re lube the bearings with a little lithium grease. Remember that the mica trimmers must be disassembled, cleaned, and be put back in place. Of course this will require an alignment.

hwhite Wrote:TUNNING GANG NEEDS REPLACED WHERE CAN I FIND OR IS THERE SOMEONE THAT CAN REPAIR HWHITE , hwhite19@juno.com

Hello,
What exactly is wrong with your "tuning gang"? Tuning capacitor. What tests did you do to determine it is bad? Sometimes, they can be easily repaired if the fins are bent. IF parts are missing, or serious damage lile it being smashed, then you will need a replacement.