Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith 10A3 question

Hello,

I'm the second owner of my great uncle's 1941 Zenith Console 10H671(I think), Chassis 10A3. I have an extra bag of replacement tubes my father used to keep it running long after my uncles death for my great aunt. It has the original manual and the tuner tool.

The last time I plugged it in it worked back in the 1980's. The cord is so dry rotted now I would not attempt it. It picked up Europe really easly on short wave. IT has Micro static FM, FM and AM, lus amiture and police bands

The radio is 100% original with a few scratches and dings from kids paying on the floor. Nothing major!!

I was wondering, I'm sure this comes up all the time, how much is this worth?

Thanks!
-Wade

im not sure but here is a good view from great website!!!

http://antiqueradio.org/howmuch.htm

This would probably fit in the category "it's worth what somebody is willing to pay." Otherwise, it's shooting in the dark. Icon_biggrin

You have a piece of history both in the terms of you family, and the legacy of radio. It is absolutely possible to bring this set back to service if you want to.

Or if you want to go to a good home, open an account on Ebay, and see what happens. I don't collect Zeniths, can fix them, but shipping back andf forth has just abut put me out of the game. You might get an offer here on this forum.