Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

P-1710-126

Hello, I just accuired a Philco wooden console stereophonic whene my father passed away, I am having trouble finding any information about it. Could anyone tell me about what value it is? It is a model # P-1710-126, Part# 78-10149-1, the name on the stereo is Solid State Stereophonic Hihg Fidelity. every thing works and it is in very good condition.I believe my parents bought it in the 60s. Thanks in advance for anyones help

No interest that I'm aware of by collectors. Value is mainly sentimental.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your dad.

The consoles are generally not collectable at this time. We have seen such sets at auction go unsold or go for as little as $5 if there is a stack of records that go with it.

I would say to hang onto it, if it holds sentimental value, and to play your LP's on. They do sound good, but because they take up so much space, they are frowned on by collectors.

Clean it up, polish it, blow the dust out of the backside, and enjoy it for what it is.
Take care,
Gary.

rghines1 Wrote:No interest that I'm aware of by collectors. Value is mainly sentimental.
Thanks

gary rabbitt Wrote:Hi,
Sorry to hear about your dad.

The consoles are generally not collectable at this time. We have seen such sets at auction go unsold or go for as little as $5 if there is a stack of records that go with it.

I would say to hang onto it, if it holds sentimental value, and to play your LP's on. They do sound good, but because they take up so much space, they are frowned on by collectors.

Clean it up, polish it, blow the dust out of the backside, and enjoy it for what it is.
Take care,
Gary.
Thanks