Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recapped My Predicta Tandem, I don't know what to do

I feel compelled to say something here. apERNA1885 while the people here are knowledgeable and  helpful I think you should look at some youtube videos on tv repair.  I have been watching way too much youtube lately and found this guy (shango066) really knows his stuff on most any tube TV!  He doesn't do full restorations but he shows what is necessary to get them working.  He has a real feel for the circuits and what is the most important to look at first  And he does work on a couple of Predictas. I find his videos easy to watch with all the cutesy ceremony removed. He can be pretty blunt and straight to the point. He states that the parts in the vertical section are the most critical for proper display. On your set I would start there first. If you don't find his videos to your liking there are many other videos on TVs. Sounds like I am promoting youtube NOT. Good luck.

P.S. I would not try to watch any videos on a cell phone. You need at least a large monitor to see the detail.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
                           /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

[Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...on_eek.gif]  Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recapped My Predicta Tandem, I don't know what to do - by OZ4 - 01-08-2022, 01:49 PM