Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

RCA 6T5 Condenser question

Working on a RCA 6T5 and have a question on 3 condensers C12, C29 and C30.  The issue is confirming the (+) and (-) sides of the new condensers. 

C12 -   I have the center tap as (+) and the (-) to the chassis 

C30 - This was already replaced with a 20MFD.( Will replace with a new 20MDF)  They removed the red wire from the switch/Output tube 42 and the lead to C13 (.25) and                     connected them to the (+) side of the new condenser.  The neg side of the new condenser is connected to the side tap of C29.  They left the black wire that comes from               terminal board and lead from R16 connected to the side tap of the dead can C30.  By doing this it appears the separated the connection of C30 from the black wire and the           resistor (R16) .  The question is should I remove the black wire and the resistor lead from the side tap of  C30 and connect them all to the  (-) side of the new 20MFD?

C29 - I have the brown wire from the Rectifier (80) to the center tap as (+).  And the side tap as (-) with the yellow wire from terminal board and the lead to R13. 

Side note someone in a past tread recommended the book " Elements of Radio"  this has been a big help in understanding the inner workings of a radio.

Attached Files
.pdf Scan_0072.pdf Size: 572.78 KB  Downloads: 137

C-12 + goes to R-2/L-9. - chassis
C-29 + goes to pin 1 or 4 of the 80 tube and - to the hv center tap.
C-30 + goes to junction of field coil and C-13. - goes to junction of R-16 &17

https://worldradiohistory.com/ARCHIVE-RC...1938-B.pdf
This is the original data from RCA for your set. It's on pg 86B

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry