Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Operation Manual for Silvertone Model 1905

Does anyone know where I might find an owners/operation manual for a Silvertone Model 1905?

What I am trying to understand is the function of the second dial hand on this radio. The main tuning hand or pointer obviously tracks across the tuning range; but, there is a second pointer that tracks around the dial multiple times as the radio is tuned from one end to the other.

What is its function?

Thanks,

Don

I think you are referring to the Dual Condenser Drive Shaft, you can tune wide or narrow, pull/push tuning knob in or out to go wide or narrow.

[Image: https://www.radiomuseum.org/images/schem...622202.png]

Schematic on Nostalgia may tell you all you need,

Paul Silvertone.......Icon_smile.

Tubetalk1

Paul,

I understand the dual ratio drive. What I specifically do not understand is the purpose of the additional pointer on the dial. It moves much faster than the tuning pointer and I can't figure our what its purpose is.

Thanks,

Don

So on mine the Airplane pointer is wide tuning the half size pointer is fine.

Did I understand your query?

I love Silvertone, the chassis prefix tells you manufacturer.

Paul

Tubetalk1

If I understand your question Zenith called that the second hand. It is used for fine tuning so you can relocate a station easier than the single tuning hand alone. It sounds like Silvertone used the same concept.

John KK4ZLF
Lexington, KY
"illegitimis non carborundum"

Silvertone trying to be Zenith on Sears Roebuck terms, easy down payment or Sears charge account.

Paul

Tubetalk1

Thanks, guys that makes sense.

Don

From the Mark Stein Book on Silvertone it appears the set was manufactured by Air King in Brooklyn NYC.

Paul

Tubetalk1