Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

predicta in the uk help please.

Hi , i recently joined your forum and have placed an advert i the wanted section of this site . Anyway heres the story i have accidentally aquired some or most of what must be one of very few predictas in the uk this is a barber pole model 4654 ? i think , anyway im searching for parts namely a chassis and yoke , i seem to have the rest i would also appreciate any guidance as to common faults and problems with these sets .

I am used to restoring uk made tube radios and have tackled a couple of tv's but as you probably know our old tv sets are 405 or 625 line not 525 which i believe this so things are a little different .
Due to the lack of parts for this set in the uk i was ging to take the easy option and fit the cabinet with a modern tv set , however i thought id give it a chance and see if i can get the parts to make this set work and run it through a standards converter .

I have seen two other predictas for sale in the uk but both table models this is the only floor model ive seen in this country yet .

all help would be gratefully recieved , Jay