Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoration of Marconi 549. There are problems with the turntable ...

Hello everybody . I am engaged in the restoration of a very rare English radio console Marconi 549 1937. I came across her by chance at a Ukrainian auction, I was very surprised, because I can't understand how she could get here. ) Bought and is now restoring. I restored the radio and I enjoy the quality of reception, but there was a problem with the player - the motor does not work.

The motor windings do not heat up, there is no odor, breaks or short circuits, but the motor rotor rotates jerkily and unevenly and stops at the lowest load. And this when connected to a network of 220 volts. And when connected to a voltage of 130 volts (since it was connected) does not work at all. I have never dealt with engines of this type and therefore a little embarrassed by this situation. Replaced the starting capacitor - the same, no changes in operation.

Does anyone have experience in repairing engines of this type with Foucault currents and does anyone have a wiring diagram for such engines? I will be especially good for a hint where you can go to the schemes of English radios and Marconi 549 model. Thanks .

Old Tube Radio Online Museum / Музей ретро радіо
https://www.youtube.com/user/RadioSvit?d...lymer=true

Sincerely Peter
З повагою Петро