Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 1744CH Consloe AM?FM?TAPE/PHONO

Does anybody have ANY idea what this quality Amish work ethic produced quality cabinet, all programs working perfectly is worth? Would it qualify for antique status?

Thanks JoeD

Hi

Do you mean this one?

http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/1709839479.html

Not old enough to qualify as antique in my view. At one time, the term antique meant an item which was at least 100 years old. Then it became 50 years old. Now, to some people, it could mean "Well, gee, I don't remember anything like that, so it must be an antique!" This could be spoken by a teenager who has never seen a View-Master before. Icon_rolleyes

What's it worth? This is a question I don't like to get into, but given the item in question, I'll throw in my opinion, for what it's worth.

You won't find anyone willing to pay $475 for it. And I doubt that you'll find anyone willing to pay $47.50 for it.

Console stereos go begging at thrift stores, and some people can't give them away. No one wants them, because they are so big and take up so much room, plus they aren't that old, really, in comparison to the vintage radios we collect.

Sorry for the bad news, but that's how I see it.

Good luck.

Oh, by the way, it may have been made in Pennsylvania but it wasn't made by the Amish - it was made in a factory employing people who lived in and near Philadelphia.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the update. I am assuming since it is not an antique, it must be less than 50 years old. If my memory serves me correctyly, I think we got it in the early 70's. I'll let you know the ultimate outcome.

JoeD