Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

1934-1937 Chevron cloth

I sent an email to Michael Katz to inquire about the chevron cloth. He's working with the fabric manufactures on getting it in stock and to check back in a few months. So hopefully we will have a source in the near future. He's also looking into reproducing the '38-'39 cloth too.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Very good news! Icon_smile

Hi guys. More grille cloth news. In addition to receiving the "scalloped" Zenith 7 S 363 pattern, I just received samples of the Philco 16B "V" pattern, and an RCA R-28-P "horseshoe" pattern, and have given the go ahead to the mill for both. Should have them within 2 - 3 months, I hope. Also seeing if they can do a decent reproduction of the large Philco console V pattern as well, and maybe the RCA wheat pattern. It all takes time though.

I will be at Kutztown - table 415 - starting tomorrow.

Michael Katz

The RCA wheat pattern would be a wonderful addition to your line of reproduction cloth! Icon_thumbup

And for those of you who cannot make it to Kutztown, you can reach Michael through his website:

https://www.radiogrillecloth.com/

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi Ron.  I did give in a sample of the wheat pattern and the large chevron.    Haven't heard back yet.    I also posted on this site that I received 5 new patterns, one is the Philco 16B V pattern.  I do need to know the sizing to cut it to, as I don't have any Philcos using this pattern.

Hi Ron (and others).    I have just received the Philco V pattern for the 16B,  37-116, and other sets.  Since I don't have any Philcos using this, can you provide me with an idea of what sizes I should cut it to, including overlap?  The V is 20 1/2 inches wide, and I can cut it as long as any radio needs.  I know there are some smaller sets than the consoles.  Thanks.    Michael.

hello Everyone,
This great news !

Sincerely Richard