Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 46-1213

Is this one sought after or not really worth much, just wondering what to do with it...Keith

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.

Just like you said not worth much . But i would keep it nice conversation piece . Icon_biggrin

Hi Keith, and welcome.

Right now your Philco is not highly sought after, but this could change at any time...or it may never be highly sought after. One never knows.

For awhile back in the mid-2000s, two postwar Philco console radio-phonographs (46-1209 and 47-1227) suddenly became hot collectibles. Prices soared from tens of dollars to low hundreds. Then the interest waned, and they are no longer sought after. What happened? I don't know.

If I could have predicted the Catalin craze back in the early 1980s, I would not have hesitated to buy a butterscotch FADA set I passed on at a yard sale for $10 back then. Little did I know...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks so much for your input, I was going to get rid of it, but I think I will hang to it. It is a cool piece of history.

ok, so my wife says no, it has to go....oh well

swick Wrote:ok, so my wife says no, it has to go....oh well

That is too bad.

Please don't just throw it away...sell it through the Philco For Sale Or Trade section here, through eBay, or through Craigslist (if you have a local Craigslist in your community)...then take the $$ and take your wife out to dinner. Then tell her you made the money from selling the radio.

Just a thought.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Out of curiosity, how many Philcos used the 7W7 and FM1000 tubes?

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

Offhand, I don't know. Sorry.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Just wondered.
If you input both tubes into the grillecloth radio finder by tube list, only the 46-1213 and 48-482 come up.
http://grillecloth.com/sylvania/tubelist...ubmit&db=5

Carl
Northern Panhandle, WV

We were in the Exit 76 Antique Mall near Edinburgh, IN last Friday afternoon, and saw a 46-1213 there. It was in very nice shape. Only problem, the original 78 rpm changer had been replaced with a 1950s era V-M changer. I do not remember the price.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN