Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1934/35 16RX chairside

Question is does the control panel have a PHILCO decal on it? One examples in the gallery doesn't really have a good depiction of reality. And the other is original but it doesn't look like it had one. Can't imagine it not having a logo on the set somewhere.

I just got it back from Kirk which he reveneered the top and grainfilled it. I've got to put a few coats of sanding sealer just  so I can see if needs some toning. I looks wonderful before the ss. I'll post some pics after the ss.

https://philcoradio.com/gallery2/1935a/#Model_16RX

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hello Terry,
That sounds Great Kirk does some nice work !
Far as the Logo you would think so because I can't think i ever have seen a Philco radio without a Logo somewhere .
Sincerely Richard

Terry

Yes - between the tuning knobs and the escutcheon.

Remember, the dial is upside down, so the decal must also be placed "upside down" so that it is right side up when the dial and escutcheon are closest to you if the unit were sitting next to your easy chair.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Tnx Ron,

I think Mr Huff's set must have the B or X dial in it. That's why his set is oriented backwards. It's confusing to look at if have one. Must have gotten the 1939-40 decal value pack [Image: https://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/sm...on_eek.gif] Not trying to make sport of Mr Huff but just some observations vs an original set would have.

Now that I think of it the dial is going to hard to read with that set up. It will at the far side and the dial is angled away from the viewer. Although the original seems awkward (dial closest to the operator) it makes sense now that way.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Very interesting! So, the 16RX chairside has a different dial than the rest of the 16 line?

In the words of the late Nipsey Russell "Oh Yeah".
The 660L has the same style too where it's closer to the viewer.

Attached Files Image(s)

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry