Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Christmas TV

My darling wife got me this for Christmas, model number is TA-505. Does anyone recognize it or have any information on it, anything you have would be greatly appreciated. Looks like a great toy and really looking forward to playing with it.

Greg B

Hello Greg.
How cool is that !
Sincerely Richard

Looks like a modular television circa late 1950s. Might have been a teaching tool. I noticed a hv flyback transformer in the back below the CRT and the PCB at the bottom. Might be a VHF tuner front end at lower front right. Let's fire it up!

It is a modular TV for teaching, I am pretty sure of that. Every component is mounted on a small board that is easily removed or replaced to, my guess, simulate a fault for trouble shooting practice. I would really like to find some documentation on it but so far no luck. The tuner and IF strip are right out of a Predicta setup and as I dig further I may find more similarities. It does have a push pull audio output stage that uses 6AQ5 tubes.
I have tried digging through all of the Philco TV schematics I have trying to find something similar but so far nothing. There is one module that has a broken tube so no idea what the tube would have been, will have to try to figure out what the circuit is, my guess at this point something in the sound circuit.

Greg B

Could it have come from a TV station? Just a thought.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

It could have Tim, really hard to say. There are no clues on it anywhere. I have bought surplus equipment before from the colleges in the area and they were always marked with the institute name and an asset number. Nothing on this one so far.

Greg B

Looks like a servise personnel teaching / training TV.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.

I agree