Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1929 highboy model 87

Looking for a price on a 1929 highboy model 87. Missing a few tunes and knobs otherwise very solid and definatly refinishable.            

Hi Dennis and welcome,

Hope you have a strong back. It's missing three 26 tubes which should be too hard to find. Both 45's are still there which are a miracle.
If you can pull the spkr plug out and measure the resistance across any of the pins. Should see no more than 5000 ohms. If more
the field coil or output transformer is open. $$ or a pain to repair. Open rf coils and interstage audio transformer are common
issues w/these sets. The coils can be rewound by hand. It's not too much of a big deal. The transformer is about $20. The
knobs used are about each $7-10 + the ride.

I would value it at $50 considering missing knobs & tubes. Faded grille cloth & condition of the cabinet

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I second the price. I wanted this model myself at some point. I likes the cutouts on the sides and the grillcloth. I think it comes with the doors.

People who do not drink, do not smoke, do not eat red meat will one day feel really stupid lying there and dying from nothing.