Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it?

That's a very nice set there. It's good to see it hasn't been a rodent motel or rust monster! That picture tube is probably bad even before you cracked the socket. Any time you see a brightener (booster) on one, it's almost for sure a dead player. It looks like a 21" as mentioned earlier. I don't think ETF is rebuilding tubes yet and who knows if they ever will. I've got a few I'd like to get revived, but probably never happen. Punch your number on eBay search and save it. They do come up from time to time. Patience is key. I've found a couple by doing that, one I'd been looking for over 30 years! Finally found a NOS, then a year later a couple popped up good used so I grabbed one. Should've gotten both, but didnt really need the 2nd one. It's possible I might have one in a literal "barn find". Cabinet is shot but it's intact. I'd need to test it and see if it's good. I kinda wanted to resurrect it just for the challenge before I sold the tube tho, and I could need it for another set I have. I also have one I found in an abandoned house and brought home. It's in decent shape but was a rodent motel. Too bad you're not closer, I'd check things for you and see what kind of life's in there.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it? - by TV MAN - 01-23-2023, 10:50 PM