Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it?

While waiting for the CRT, connect the set to a VCR or the "RF" Output of your cable box to verify that you have audio. That will give you an idea as to whether your tuner, video and audio circuits work.

I expect that the CRT is not going to be cheap. in addition, it would have to be professionally packed, possibly "foamed" into a box and double boxed. In fact, you may have to drive 10 hours to central OH to get it.

I cannot stress more strongly the danger in handling one of these CRTs. Wear a face shield, eyeglasses, gloves and complete covering. Discharge the 2nd anode connection on the CRT to its outer "aquadag" covering. Have nothing in pockets that can fall out and strike the CRT. I had one break on me as a kid when it fell out of its mount on the set. There was glass everywhere. I was standing at the side of the set. If I was in front or of the set, I stood a good chance of being blinded, NO $#!^

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Have had this television since I was 12 what model is it? - by MrFixr55 - 01-27-2023, 08:48 AM