Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Asking for help with Philco Ford Mini Phono/Radio Model S-1379GR

Hi everyone,
I recently lucked into finding a pretty cool Philco Ford Miniature Radio/Phonograph at a Salvation Army. I took it home, popped in some C batteries and the radio seems to work excellently, playing out of the speaker. The phono motor works and seems to run at proper speeds, but no sound is coming out of the speaker. Seems odd because the speaker clearly works with the radio. I’m wondering if the needle cartridge might need replacing or if there may be a lose wire from the phono arm?

In any case, I know this forum is mainly for older  Philco radios and tvs but I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this device.  Maybe an old manual or just happen to know if there’s a replacement needle cartridge that will work.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Welcome to the Phorum! Start with the cheap and easy stuff. Clean the selector switch contacts and check for possible loose wires. Would not be an unusual instance for the cartridge to be needing replacement, but start with basic 'once-over' simple options first. You just might get lucky. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan