Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1955 Plymouth P-5506 car radio

Apologies if this posted twice -  I have a radio where the oscillator frequencies do not line up properly with the dial.  I can line it up at 1600 and it will be severely off at 1350.  I compared it with a good radio I have and that one tracks exactly.   I connected a frequency counter to the oscillator and can see that the oscillator frequency is the same at 1600 for both radios, but way off on the problem radio at 1350.   Can something go wrong with the inductive tuning slugs in these radios?  They are not broken and appear to be correctly positioned (compared to my other radios of the same type)

stevie,
could you post a schematic or link to one and indicate where you are connecting the frequency counter.

Maybe the capacitor that likely is either in series or parallel with the inductor is off.

Chrysler likely did not make their own radios. In the 1950s, they may have been made by Motorola, Philco, Bendix or maybe even Delco (who made at least one, an AM - FM for the Imperial). 3rd Party radios at this time included Motorola, Automatic and Tenna.

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55