Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PHILCO 48-1270

I was recently given by my parents a console Philco and honestly have no room for it. I would guess it is in very good condition (a few scratch marks on top of cabinet). Is this type of unit of any value to any one on this forum? Everything is in tact and all stickers and labels on back are in place. I am more in to antique cars but my knowledge of antiques is that this may be sought after by some one out there. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am in the Charlotte, NC area.

Hello and welcome.

You could advertise it for sale in the Philco For Sale Or Trade section here (please include a price or state "make me an offer" in your ad).

Also, the Antique Wireless Association hosts a conference every March in Charlotte:

http://charlottearc2010.homestead.com/index.html

If you wanted to hang on to it until next March, you would be able to get rid of it there, I am sure.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The 1270 is a pretty high end console for the day with 13 tubes. Can you tell which type of wood it has? There were only two other radio/phono consoles that model year that cost more. If you go to philcoradio.com you can view the different models for that year and their original selling price. Not sure what it may bring now, depends on condition and the buyer of course.

THANKS for all the info! It is definitely a mahogany case and finish.