Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-759 EZ no gallery picture

I was surprised to find no pictures of the model 41-759 listed on Radiomuseum or in the philco gallery.  In light of Ron having owned one I expected to find a picture somewhere.

We have a flea market in NH ( NEVEC)  coming up a week from Saturday and I was thinking of offering it up for sale. I never even opened it up but I brought it up slowly and the an sounded pretty good so I think I am going to keep for a while yet. 
  Some radios are hard to part with.
                          Henry

I had a 41-758, not 759. I can't speak for that other site, but there is a picture of my 758 here in the Library section, The Tropics, 1941 season):

https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...ic-models/

I don't know why that photo didn't make it to the Gallery - likely an oversight.

Oh, and the 41-758 and 41-759 cabinets are identical per Philco Furniture History.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Funny, I had replied using my cell phone yesterday. Or at least thought I did.
 I will go back and check to see if the old eyes failed me again. I may have misread the number.  It was the chrome piece in the grill  that made think they were the same model..
                                                            Henry

Well I went to the bench and removed the back to be sure. It is indeed a 41-759. It has 8 tubes and a # 33-3391  ballast tube. 
  You know I never think to look in the Tropic section  for information. You would think I would  have learned by now.
                                                           Henry

I would ask you to please furnish a photo (or photos) to us so an actual 41-759 could be shown in the Gallery.

If Nathan does not see this thread, I will ask him to copy that 758 photo to the Gallery to replace the factory illustration.

Edit: A few years ago, I would likely be trying to talk you out of your set! Icon_smile But not now. Photos will suffice nicely. Icon_biggrin

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Ron,
 I will be glad to add some pictures after  I load them to the computer from my phone.Interestingly enough there were multiple tags on the back board.
                                      Henry

Ron, Here's a few pictures. You could have had it. 
                                   Henry                        

very nice....thank you!