Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for TV console model #

Hi,
First time on the Phorum.
I recently acquired a Philco tv, record player, radio console. I followed all the suggestions on the Philco site as to how to identify the model #.  There is no Philco tag on the cabinet, and no chassis # stamped on any of the components.  The tube layout guide is also gone. I did the best I could with a Sam's Photofact #123 which puts the console # at 51-T1443 PL but it's just barely not right. 
The first problem I have is that it's missing a tube. The schematic for the RF-IF tuner shows a 6CB6 tube, but on the chassis there is a 9 pin socket, which means I have the wrong schematic. 
So... I'm trying to find the console model # , so I can get the correct schematic,  so I can get the correct tube. The back of the tuner just has RF 35 rubber stamped,  and RUN 6.
I've been searching that #, and no results. I have pics of the console, and found one on the internet that looks like an exact match, but still no mod #. And adding pics here is a little tricky. 
Any ideas how to find a mod # with no markings on the unit ?
Thanks,
Chris.

Hi and welcome.

Is the other tube a 12AV7? If so looks like the missing tube is a 6BQ7.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thanks Terry ,
You are correct. The tube next to it is a 12AV7. Not sure how you onew that, but you have skills !
I appreciate the help.
I ordered one and will try it out.
Chris.

Still looking for that model # or how to find it.

Duplicated post of #3. Deleted second post.

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan