Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

help me id this philco

help me id this radio it has two 45s in it but the chassi i rough i do have a 112 with two 47s that is in much better condition than this one is this one has 7 tubes i think this is a 76 i might be better off cleaning it up and restoring the chassis i have also seen this model with the gril cloth like thas and also the tapestry cloth

Attached Files Image(s)

Looks like you got you a model 76. Here's the bulletin for the 77 it's pretty much the same except for the tone circuit. Your missing the large tube shield that is fitted along the back edge of the chassis. It has the model number on it.

https://philcoradio.com/library/download...n%2013.pdf

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

The 112 chassis is similar, as is the model 76, 86, 95, 96, etc., the tube count and components are different of course. I have a model 96 downstairs, it has the push pull #45s as outputs, some models used 71As as outputs, though most were 1928-29 models. The lowboy cabinets often have damaged speaker grilles, the ones with the tapestry were later production cabinets I believe, but the one in yours isn't the worst I've seen.
Regards
Arran