Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Starting Model 41-610 restoration

Hi all, new to this forum. I just started digging into a Model 41-610 beam of Light restoration. The most dust and decomposed wire I've ever seen., Unfortunately it's missing it's speaker so I will have to deal with that. The microphone speaker is in pretty poor shape but I think that one shouldn't be too difficult to replace with a standard PM speaker.... unless I'm missing something. Very surprised that the microphone has about 50 feet of (mostly decomposed covering) cord. 50 feet? Wow.

The first roadblock I found was when removing the motor from the changer. There is (was) a coupler that goes between the drive shaft and the changer and it's almost completely disintegrated. Don't know what material it's made of (non-metal) but it is essential to the drive. Part of what's called the Coupling Assembly (Part No. 35-2220 pg 141 and 144, Part 62 1941 RMS Year Book). One way or another I'm going to have to get or make a replacement. Anyone have any knowledge of experience with this sort of thing. I'm including pictures.
It's a tough one but I'll get it done. What I lack in talent I make up for in persistence. Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)