Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

41-265 knobs

Just purchased a 41-265 my first philco.and my first tube radio.  It is missing a couple of the knobs. I've look on eBay does anyone know of a good source for these. Also 
Is restringing the dial.a difficult job.  Thank You in advance

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Dial stringing can take some patience, long tweezers or forcepts, a few swear words but with some practice it is not too hard. The dial string diagram for the 41-265 is found on the schematic info (seen in our library): https://philcoradio.com/library/download...20Book.pdf

Check with the knob vendors found on our resources page: https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...tegorized/

Renovatedradios.com has reproduction 1941 knobs but looking at our gallery photo and some others images I googled I don't think they match what was on the 41-265

and lastly, put a Wanted Ad in the Wanted Ad section and someone might have some in their odds and ends stash..

Welcome and feel free to ask any questions. There's a lot of expertise here. I find a spring hook really aids in dial stringing along with patience, a few chunks of masking tape and patience.

Thank You for your suggestions.
I’m entering a whole new world and looking forward to it.

Hi,

It appears that your 41-265 uses the same knobs as were used on most 1937-1940 Philco radios.They are dark brown in color, and quite common.

As Bob (klondike98) mentioned, one of the knob vendors will likely have a set at a reasonable price.

Renovated Radios used to sell these as reproductions, but they are no longer available. But that's ok, as originals are, as I mentioned, pretty common and easily found.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hi

The Philco p# for the knob is 27-4332 w/pointer and 27-4225 w/o pointer. I just mention this encase you find a vender that uses oem p/#'s. These are brown knobs. There are black ones but they are for the 1936 models (yours is a '41 model). They where used from '36 to about '41, they're pretty common. You would use the pointer knobs where there are decals on the front panel to select a choice. The tuning knob wouldn't.

Give Julie McCall a try:
radiopup@bellsouth.net

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

ps Ron types faster than me...

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Icon_lol I don't know about that, Terry...

I looked at the 41-265 service data in the Philco Library, and the part number for the knobs is - 27-4332. So all four had the molded-in pointer, which I thought was correct for most Philcos made after 1938.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN