Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 41-629 with changer

I have the opportunity to purchase a working 41-629 with changer. I am told that the record player changes records but does not play because it is missing a needle. I think this model uses the beam-of-light system and there is no place to put a needle. Is it possible that early versions of this model came with a standard record player? If not, and considering the probability that they screwed to beam of light parts up trying to put a needle in, where can I get parts for it? The number for West-Tech (304-349-2149) is no longer any good. Sure hope someone out there has had some experience with this. Thanks - Joe Gatto <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jdgatto@earthlink.net">jdgatto@earthlink.net</a><!-- e -->

The numbers for West-Tech, given on the front page of their website, are 740-732-6056 or 740-581-0945.

http://www.west-techservices.com/

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Sorry, I forgot to address your questions...

The Beam of Light changer is the only changer that came with your 41-629 from the factory. The only other person I know of that might have any BOL parts is Donald Cochrane.

http://www.aladdinradio2.com/

Try West-Tech first. Talk to Gib or Travis; tell them I sent you. Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Please let me know if you make any headway on your 41-629.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of picking one up and I will soon be in the process of "restoring" it. I say restoring, but only to a level that I think will make me happy, probably not FULL. lol

Overall it's not in that bad of shape externally, however the turntable is going to need some good repairs.

Would love to share tips and suggestions along our way to making these what we want them to be!

Sorry I hope you do not feel that I am trying to entrude on your post, but I thought you might like to see a few pictures of the 41-269 I bought.

Thanks and HIGH5!!!!!

Randy Icon_smile

Note from site admin: Sorry, but the photos which were attached to this post are no longer available.