Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need Dewald Model J-802 Schematic

Does anyone have a schematic for a DeWald model J-802?  It’s a 7 tube AM/FM radio in a Bakelite case.  The model I have uses a selenium rectifier and has a three wire plug in cord. I have included a couple of images for reference.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Chet

Attached Files Image(s)

Welcome to the Phorum!
Icon_wave

Looks like someone was similarly looking for that on ARF back in 2014 and did not locate one and someone else asked in 2019 also with no luck. They looked at SAMS as well apparently.

Steve Johnson has a few more schematics listed than nostalgiaair but J-802 is not listed. You might contact him anyway just to be sure.

Hopefully someone else on the Phorum can help. Good luck.

Thanks for the quick response. I did try Radio Museum and Nostalgia Air also with no luck. Sometimes manufacturers put a small schematic on the inside wall of the cabinet. I was hoping someone may have this with a similar model. I will follow up with your recommendation. Thanks again.

Chet

Hi and Welcome to the Phorum,

Here's plan B. 
We know the set was made in 1955. So we look around other sets that using the same tubes and topography to find something you can use as a guide. Here's a good place to start https://worldradiohistory.com/Beitman-Manual.htm I took a quick scan @ 1955 and a few sets in the RCA and Zenith section that maybe helpful. 
Don't get too hung up on the selenium rectifier it's just a resistor & diode vs a tube. Doesn't amount to a hill of beans circuit wise. Move around a bit with the years. I was surprised to see that most of the set listed in '55 AM radios, tube portables, and phonos.

GL

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

I suppose some manufacturers may have licensed their designs to others during this period and this may be a good source of information. I worked on a Silvertone model recently that I could not find a model specific schematic for but looking at other Silvertone models of the same age was able to find one similar enough to use. I’ll try this route. Thanks for the suggestion.

Chet

My set of rider books stop at 1950, though there may be something in Sams for this set. I could look in the 1955 Beitmans book, which I do have, but it may or may not have Dewald in it.
Regards
Arran

Could you list the tubes. Thanks David