Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-482-"brick wall"

Well, before I recap this unit, I need to find a FM-1000 Vacuum Tube.   The Philco 48-482 will be shelved until then...
Here is one Before and some after cabinet pic's...  "that was good Merkts Cheese" (last pic)

Mike

Icon_e_surprisedWell, looks like Jayce will be saving this Philco with one of his FM-1000 vacuum tubes...

THANK YOU JAYCE....

Once I get the FM-1000 tube installed, we'll continue on.....

Blessed to be with this group!   Icon_smile

Mike

That's one of the reasons why I snagged them when I did. One reason is if I ever found one like yours and the other is I figured someone might need them eventually. Actually, for all that they got out of the boxes of tubes at the auction, I should have went and put a bid in. I think they got a total of $100 for all the tubes they had left and there was quite a few!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Update: I tested the National Union FM1000 I took out of the junk chassis and it settled in at 74 on my little Knight tube checker after warming up really good and passed the short and gas tests. If this is good enough, let me know.

Jayce,
Good enough for me...
Mike

Hello mike,
nice Set and Jance there times like that auction I just want to kick myself .

Sincerely Richard

Okay, I am glad that tube will work and my aching back thanks you. I will need a little advice from others here about safely shipping a tube as I've not done that before, but I hope to get it out to you next week. Probably best to private message me your address when we are ready. I am glad something off that ruined chassis is going to help repair another radio. That is a neat model of Philco and, sadly, like most 1948 Philco models here in Ohio, examples I find are totally trashed!

Bob Dobush ships them in a corregated cardboard box pretty well packed with crumpled newspaper all around the tubes so that there is no movement once the box is sealed up and at least a couple inches of cushion between the sides of the box and the tube. They've always gotten to me in good shape. Not to say someone crushing the package couldn't damage them but so far so good.

Klondike98, aka Bob,

Thanks for all your help Bob, we'll finally get that Philco 48-482 up and running....The AM & SW seem to be working without even touching one of those original waxie capacitors....."sticky little buggers"  Icon_thumbup

Mike

While waiting for some "caps" to come in....I thought I'd try using my P-Touch label maker. for the push buttons...started with white with black print....didn't like that.  So I tried black with white print and I think I'll stick with that...
Unable to find the clear caps that slid over the brown pushbuttons...

Thanks for looking,
Mike

Attached Files Image(s)