Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

46-350 repair/resto in California?

Hi, I'm new to this Phorum

My wife and I recently inherited her Grandfather's Philco 46-350 and I am looking to have some work done on it mainly for sentimental reasons. Unfortunately, it has lived a hard life: I know it made at least one or round trips between southern California and Hong Kong. The radio still works, but at some point in its life, someone soldered a Jensen car audio speaker to it and it basically flops around inside the case. I have some experience with small single-ended triode amps but this is beyond me completely. The chassis is "live" (ask me how I found that out) so I don't want anyone, least of all my kids, to touch it until I can get it worked on or at least looked at.

The radio is currently in the San Francisco Bay Area. Just wondering if anyone would care to recommend a repair facility anywhere in the state? I don't mind shipping it out of state, but if I can have it worked on locally that would be nice. Once the internals are working properly again I'll tackle the cosmetics. Thanks for any advice or help.

Chris Robyn
Albany, CA

A list of people and businesses providing repair of vintage radios may be downloaded here:
http://members.aol.com/rockseaent/servic...index.html

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN