Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 38-690 owner manual?

I wonder if someone has a scan of original manual for Philco 38-690 console?
It is clear how it works, just nice to have one.

Sincerely,

Leonid

Did they ever have such a thing back then? Wonder if they had all the different laguages? Icon_biggrin

tractorforum.com *** I reserve the right to be wrong

Printed in English, and they are scarcer than the proverbial "Hen's Teeth."
Usually the first piece of literature lost or tossed by the original owner.
Right before or after the store reciept. ;)

I know, been looking for them for many years, to add to the archives, and I've only come up with about
five or six originals of various models that Philco supplied the manuals for.

Chuck

OK, I see. It's sad, actually... Looks like it was easier to buy the radio itself... But the hope dies last, right?

Chuck Schwark Wrote:Printed in English, and they are scarcer than the proverbial "Hen's Teeth."
Usually the first piece of literature lost or tossed by the original owner.
Right before or after the store reciept. ;)

I know, been looking for them for many years, to add to the archives, and I've only come up with about
five or six originals of various models that Philco supplied the manuals for.

Chuck
Chuck, is there any in the archive relating to the model 70?

Music in a bottle Wrote:Chuck, is there any in the archive relating to the model 70?

Nothing original. I only have a bad, multi-generation photocopy for the EARLY version Model 70 (Below s/n B22,000).
This is the version without AVC and uses 4-24, 1-27, 1-47, 1-80 tubes and has only three trimmers.

See my Early Cathedral Identification page: http://www.philcorepairbench.com/cathedralid.htm
Chuck

It must be pretty darn simple, I'm sure!

Music in a bottle Wrote:Did they ever have such a thing back then? Wonder if they had all the different laguages? Icon_biggrin
While a paper manual may not have been saved, possibly a record would have been?
I think I have a Philco 78 RPM record "somewhere" that describes the console it probably came with. It has been years since I saw it, but it did have a white label with gold printing.

I am pretty sure Alan Jesperson at Great Northern has one. I bought a reprint owners manual for my 38-690 some years back. Not sure if he still is carrying them.

Fred