Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco model 95

Todays score Philco 95 in great shape original finish.

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow! Nice find! The speaker cloth is in amazing shape as well. I've seen a lot worse tapestries. Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Nice set but not an 87.

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Ok I believe a Philco expert.  Not enough label left to go by so I was trying ID it based on Ron’s book.  What is it, 73 Highboy then or a 73?  Help?

Attached Files Image(s)

I thought you might ask. I'm pretty sure it's a 95. 

The 87 doesn't use that large shield across the back. It's setup to use neutralized triodes tubes (#26's). A lot of the chassis are missing the shields, if the tube behind the shield don't have grid caps it's probably a model 87.

The 76/77 look pretty much like the 95 but the ant/gnd connect terminals are spaced apart farther. And the tube shield is much shorter. Both the 95 and 76/77 use 24A tetrode tube which do have a grid cap. 

Think it's the 1st Philco w/avc. Back in those days avc was cutting edge tech on the other hand trf set were old hat '30. 

https://philcoradio.com/library/index.ph...chematics/

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

OK now you got me running back tot garage to look.  Removed the shield, one tube left, and it was a #24, three spots all with grid caps.  I'm a hobbyist that's trying to make it self supportive LOL.  I love doing the work and love the history and I'm always looking to learn from the experts.  So maybe it's a 95 and I have to update three separate posts that I sent out LOL.  How can, I be sure?  I have 50 plus radios now 28 of them Philco's.  I keep the ones I like and restore then flip the ones I don't want to help pay for the hobby.  LOL the wife is wondering do I really need 5 hobby's. 

[Image: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik...add718d8f1]

Attached Files Image(s)

To answer your question I don't think there is a US model 73. Maybe a in CA or over seas  but not here.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

So model 95 as you suggested originally.

Sorry I was a question behind. It could be a 96 as the chassis are all most identical but it's not. Yes it is a 95. There are some circuit differences but the outward one is the spkr plug is smaller on the 96.

Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

The Fall 1929 Philco Radio Gallery has a photo of your model label if you wanted to compare them. If Terry says it's a 95 I'd take it to the bank. Not much this guy doesn't know! Take care and BE HEALTHY! Gary

"Don't pity the dead, pity the living, above all, those living without love."
Professor Albus Dumbledore
Gary - Westland Michigan

Thanks for all your help as always. Model 95 it is