Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television

The Sam's will have the schematics. Be careful when measuring voltages, etc, for solid state devices are far less forgiving than tubes. Use a modern digital meter, (or an ancient VTVM) only to do this.

Like any other device, tube or transistor, I would first suspect filter capacitors in the power supply need to be changed. If you have a picture and sound, this one can probably be fixed. And use a nice strong clear analog signal from your cable to do the testing. I'm sure you can find a cable to analog converter for next to nothing.

And any controls (potentiometers) should be cleaned; I like deoxit. And any accumulation of dust and crud needs to be cleaned out from the circuit boards and the flyback area and cables must be cleaned up too. I like denatured alcohol for this. Make sure you let everything dry out for a day before powering up after you clean things up.

Messages In This Thread
Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 07-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by codefox1 - 08-02-2010, 05:26 AM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Re: Restoring a Philco B37OFWH portable Television - by Guest - 08-07-2010, 05:26 PM