Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best price to offer for a Sencor TC-28?

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize and please move it. A guy I know messaged me on Facebook about a complete Sencor TC-28 tube and transistor checker and I wonder what a good offer would be on it. Ebay is all over the place on this model, but I wouldn't mind a spare tester for later tubes and it also appears to check socketed transistors. It's untested, but is complete with all manuals and tube chart and I want to make a fair offer.

No matter where you go, there you are.

I moved it to Test Equipment.
I saw a TC28 sold for $139 (in untested or not working condition) in April of this year on eBay. Just a data point. With the manual and assuming its in reasonable shape I'd guess something between $150 and $175 would be reasonable and $200 at the top end if you really want it.

Based upon what I have seen of recent prices for other TC-series Sencore models which I have repaired and calibrated I think Bob's answer is in the ballpark

Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/

Thanks for moving this to the correct spot and for the advice. I think I'll throw him $100 for an offer as I remembered he owes me some money for some work I helped him with last year. I want to be fair, but also a little cautious as it is not a tested piece.

No matter where you go, there you are.