Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My First Post: Dial for 38-116 Code 125

I have just the chassis from a 38-116 I obtained from the estate of a hoarder some years ago. It was missing the speaker and all but the tuning knobs as well. The dial was chunked away in multiple spots. My question is related to obtaining a used or repro dial. Does anyone on this forum have any experience dealing with radio dial reproducers that they would recommend? Anyone gotta spare for sale? I've had this begging me Icon_cry to fix it, any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome!

I would recommend Mark Oppat for the dial scale; his are silkscreened and have the look of the original; they are even translucent as the originals were.

http://www.oldradioparts.net/dials_intro.html

What are you going to do with just a chassis? Would you consider parting with it? Or...if you want to keep it, how close are you to Southern Indiana? If you want to keep it, I have a cabinet I'll give you...but you have to come get it. I was just thinking, if no one wants this cabinet, I might as well try to find a chassis for it...

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Hello Ron, and thanks for the offer!

I would like to hang on to this one, since everytime I see one on eBay, they are waaay back east and go for big bucks! I live near Tacoma, Washington...
I am interested in obtaining a bezel, at least, so I could fashion a table-top cabinet. (the speaker & O.T. were never in my posession). This is a fine example of Philco design, and is quite a DX set, I expect. I will contact mr. Oppat for a dial; the band-select mask behind the dial is broken as well, but that can be cloned I suppose.

Yep...too far away to pick this cabinet up, that's for certain.

Enjoy your radio, the 38-116 is one of the last really great Philco sets.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN