Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 610 F Color Scheme

Good morning all. I am a new philco owner and would like some help. I piked up a 1936 610F from a charity auction. It works great ( I even picked up CRI on the shortwave from Bejing) but at some point in it's life it was "slathered" with Verithane or some other product. They didn't even bother to remove the knobs. Luckily, apart from some water damage at the bottom, the cabinet is complete, original, and not terribly scarred.

First, I am refinishing the cabinet and have a question on the lower part of the face panel. Is the panel painted or does it use a really heavy stain? If painted, should the color match the dial bezel?

Second, was the original finish a gloss, semi-gloss, matte or was the finish type an option.

Third, (really not a restoration question) I have a single red wire as an antenna but notice other connections for antennas? What gives, am I missing something?

Hi Steve

Sorry for not replying sooner.

Picture of a restored 610F:
http://www.philcoradio.com/gallery/1936a.htm#m

Actually, on the side trim of the restored model, I would use Extra Dark Walnut - sparingly, just enough to darken it without using so much that you make it look like near black paint. Same for the speaker panel. The control panel and the top should be Medium Walnut as pictured.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN