Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-340 Resto

Hello all! I've been lurking for a little bit, this is my first time to post here. This will be my 3rd radio to restore from the ground up. A real beauty. The radio has rotting rubber covered wire, which can be expected on a radio this old. New wire and capacitors are on the way. Cabinet is in decent shape, minus the burled walnut paper veneer. I'm not sure what to do about that one yet.... The dial glass was in terrible shape, much like any picture I've been able to find of it on the web. I took the old glass and scanned it into my computer at a super high resolution rate. I then created a ghost image, and drew a new dial glass on top of it. I found a guy here in town who is willing to print it on glass for me. We'll see how that turns out tomorrow. Here's a comparison of the new and old dial glass graphic.
Thanks,
Russ

Good job on the glass artwork; looks better than the Radio Daze repros. Who is printing yours for you? Where? How much?

Some of us might want to use this company's services if the cost is not prohibitive.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

A guy here locally in San Angelo, TX is doing it. I did the graphics, he's printing it up. I should be able to take it in today. He quoted me $30 over the phone, we'll see in the end. I'll definitely let you guys know how it ends up.
Russ