Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Parts list or Volume Pot Value

Ok so here is the data sheet for the 7C6 first audio tube in your Philco.
http://www.shinjo.info/frank/sheets/084/7/7C6.pdf When you look at the base diagram you are looking at the bottom of the tube. There is a round peg in the center with a small locating hump on it. As you look at the bottom the pin to the left of that small hump is #1 Counting clockwise around the last pin will be #8 just to the right of the small hump.
On the diagram that hump is noted by an arrow.

<Your pot isn't wired properly as per the diagram. The terminal to the right should be connected to the chassis. the next one <should have a .01 going back to pin 3 of the 7C6. The terminal to the left should be connected to .01 cap that goes to the <junction of two 470k resistors and a 100uufd cap. Double check your wiring and report back.
<Terry
< Looks like you've got a short where the .01 is connected to the terminal strip.
If your amp is working you should be able to touch pin 3(input to the amp) of the 7C6 and it should make a loud buzz.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

OK As I suspected, My Volume pot was wired correctly, as when I re-capped it, I did it one at a time, exactly like they came off. What I did find though is when I soldered the cap on the center lug, Some solder dropped down and was shorting the center lug to case causing the volume pot not to respond. As soon as I cleared the solder off, Voila.......I now have volume. Thanks for all the suggestions. Much appreciated.

Jerry Gatewood
Philco 41-280 (121)

Great new Jerry! Glad you got it going again. Some of those "simple" things can drive you nutz! You beat me to the punch, I was going to drop you a PM to see how you where making out.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Yes, what a Rookie Mistake. I just got it down in my shop last night where I could hear a faint tone out of the speaker and that is what caused me to look in that direction. All to do now is to get the escutcheon plate and new knobs and she will be good to go. Thanks again for the help guys. Icon_clap

Jerry Gatewood
Philco 41-280 (121)