Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Radiobar Cabinet Construction Info?

Hello,

First post.

I've been trying to find information about construction of the the Radiobar cabinets. I am a cabinetmaker/furnituremaker and would like to build a reproduction. Chances of finding one where I live are close to zero, its pretty remote and the climate isn't kind to antiques (tropical).

I'm interested in plans, prints, interior photos. Basically anything that would speed up the process of getting my build going. Even websites. I've spent some time with Google but have never found much that revealed construction details.

Anyone that has links, or info, or even maybe owns one and would be willing to snap some photos of the interior would be be much appreciated. Even the exterior dimensions would be helpful.

I've loved the Radiobar design for years but have never actually seen one. I'll cold-build if I have to but I know the guys that designed the original knew what they were doing.

Thanks in advance.

I'd keep my eyes peeled on ebay. There's been a few on there over the last month or so. You can always ask for additional pics.

Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Hey, great suggestion! That had never occurred to me (requesting detail pics). I'll add that research method to my arsenal.