Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with a model...

I was hoping someone could help me out with what model this is: [Image: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e113/b...CF1580.jpg]

Looks like a 1941 Model 41-295X or 41-296X. Model number should be on a paper sticker on the inside of the cabinet.

It is a 41-295X because if my eyes are not too bad I see 4 bands.

Ah, yes, you are correct Grasshopper. Icon_wink

The 296 came in the same cabinet, but has only 3 bands. I should have looked at the dial more closely. Icon_rolleyes

Talk about a brute of a radio, it should look great restored and sound just as well. I think this model was a cross between a vertical console and a horizontal console, tall and wide.

Any estimate about the value of one? we're looking to sell it.

Hi,

Quite a coincidence, since I saw one of these just this past weekend at a barn sale in Arlington, MA. I was tempted to buy it, but it had some missing/separated veneer (though not as bad as the one pictured here) as well as some deep scratches/gouges down into the veneer. With the guy firm at $60 I passed on it. Somehow I've got more than enough project radios sitting around and I stayed firm on my decision and left before I changed my mind. However, on a weaker day I may well have given in to that little inner voice calling upon me to "rescue it" and would have dragged it on home. Great radios when done up.

Paul

After finally having a chance to look a lot more closely at the radio, i found a sticker that has 39-6844E on it. Could that be the model #?

No Steve. That's the part number of that paper tag itself.

We already determined the model number earlier in this thread.

It's a 1941 Model 41-295X.