Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BEAM OF LIGHT CHANGER REPAIR

I just purchased a BOL changer and I need to do some adjustments to the tone arm assembly, does anyone have any idea on the best way to make a mount for these so that they can be worked on when out of the cabinets? They are heavy and need to be suspended to operate and any ideas are appreciated.

I have a 41-608 changer that I just made a mount for working on it. After removing the changer from the cabinet I took a large piece of posterboard that i used to trace the outline of the hole that the changer sits in. I then transferred that to a piece of 3/4" plywood that was the same depth as the mount in the cabinet but about six inches wider. After transferring the traced outline to the plywood I cut out the hole with a jigsaw. Then I mounted the plywood on two pieces of 2x4 along the sides to stand it on. Works great for me and since I made it wider than the original I can flip it over and rest it on two old ammo cans to work on the underside. I'll try to attach a picture of my setup here too.

Hope this helps, and maybe you can help me: I've been working on the radios for a while but this is my first attempt at a changer. I can see that the idler that drives the platter needs replacing but how do I remove the platter to get to it? I don't see can c-clip or anything. Is it pressed on?

Great, thanks, as for removal, it is very easy, just grab the platter on two sides and pry it up, it just will lift up with little effort. Then when you need to replace it, just drop it back and push it in place. No clips hold it in place at all.