Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

beam of Light changer adjustments

I have a beam of light changer (41-608) that has the cutter attachment along with it. I am trying to make some adjustments to the changer. It cycles constantly and the tone arm seems to be a bit too stiff. I believe this is a webster #40?, does anyone know where there is info on how to make mechanical adjustments to this changer? I am sure the adjustments are minor to get it to work properly. Thanks,

Your 1941 model has a changer part number of 35-1233, gear drive type. The ten-page service bulletin is part of my service info packet that normally comes with the model 41-609 and 41-609, which both used that changer. I also have the service info on the cutter head/arm called the HR-1 Home Recording Unit.
See the Schematic Info page on my site to order.

Regards,

Chuck Schwark

David,

I found an online copy of Riders "Automatic Record Changers and Recorders" that has service info on both the Philco changer and some Webster changers. The model 23 looks more like the Philco changer than the model 40 does.

Automatic Record Changers and Recorders

Sean
WØKPX

Great, thank you very much. This is the changer, and it appears to have more than the Philco service notes to get to the cycling problems that I have.

Dave