Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

philco 42-1013 caps

Thought I would start a new thread seeing as I have a different chassis.
Working on re-capping this 42-1013 chassis that I got to replace the 42-1012 chassis with the bad power supply.
I bought a cap kit from Mark Oppat that should have all the caps needed.
Noticed that the 8-8mfd 475v cap has 2 positive leads.
The kit has 2 10uf 450v caps.I assume that the 2 new caps replace the old cap with 2 leads?
I was also shorted 1 of the 22-450v caps to replace the 2 18mfd-475 that are now present.
Is there anywhere that I can get one of these so I don't have to wait to get one mailed?
Thanks for your help.
murf

murf Wrote:The kit has 2 10uf 450v caps.I assume that the 2 new caps replace the old cap with 2 leads?

Yes!

Is there anywhere that I can get one of these so I don't have to wait to get one mailed?

Hard to say, some areas have such a luxury and some don't.

Where do you live?

-Greg

gvel Wrote:
murf Wrote:The kit has 2 10uf 450v caps.I assume that the 2 new caps replace the old cap with 2 leads?

Yes!

Where do you live?
Got most of the caps in.
Got rid of the buzz,but I am not getting sound other than a very faint buzz from the speaker.
Maybe rectifier tube is week?
Doesn't the rectifier control the audio?
Have to keep digging I guess.

murf Wrote:
gvel Wrote:

Yes!

Where do you live?
Got most of the caps in.
Got rid of the buzz,but I am not getting sound other than a very faint buzz from the speaker.
Maybe rectifier tube is week?
Doesn't the rectifier control the audio?
Have to keep digging I guess.

Ok Guy's,
Got it re-capped and it's working now,but still has a buzz.
Someone earlier replace the volume switch with a combe on/off/volume switch due to a bad off switch.
Seems like the volume should be higher than it is now.
Seems like he used a switch rated lower than the original volume switch.
I could take the volume switch out of the old chassis,but then I would have to replace the power switch that is really difficult to remove.
Any suggestions?
Would at least like to get rid of the buzz.Thought the new caps would take care of that.
Thanks for your help.
Murf