Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

bulb numbers on my 19 anyone have an answer?

Trying to stay on the same thread but need info on the light bulbs on the 19. Feeling kind of lonely, no responses. Icon_sad

Another question for the experts, chassis code 126 uses two light bulbs, one for the dial illumination (the one in currently is a very long screw base lamp) can't read a number on it. Number not listed on schematic. The second one (the shadow meter) is a shorter screw base lamp, burned out as well. Need a model number for this one as well. Also, it appears to "snap" in the holder sliding in sideways. Only way I can see to remove is to bend the holding bracket to allow room to pop it out. Does this seem correct?

Again, thanks for the help. Grommets are on order.
Jerry

A friend in need is a pest!  Bill Slee ca 1970.

Yes - you have two options:

1. Ed "Blacksmith" sells reproduction gum rubber grommets of the same type as used originally to support and cushion tuning condensers.

2. Don Patterson in Georgia sells black rubber grommets that will put your tuning condenser at the correct height. These are stiffer than the original gum rubber, but will work.

"Blacksmith" has a website, Don doesn't:

http://www.renovatedradios.com/parts.html#rubber

dpatterson002 AT comcast DOT net

You can find these, and many other links to parts vendors, on my website:
http://www.philcoradio.com/resource.htm

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks for the prompt response Ron. Nice website listing, now I have to figure out which would work best of all his selections. None say specifically for "Philco 19". Guess I need to do some measurements. Also noted he sells a rubber gasket for the shadow meter, I didn't even knew they had a gasket on the front to seal against the bezel, mine shows no signs of something being on there. Appreciate all the help here.

Jerry

As far as I know, only 1935 Philco models had gaskets on the shadowmeters. I've never seen any gaskets, or the remains thereof, on any other Philco model year with shadowmeters. You can easily tell which ones did have these, as the original gaskets usually melted into a gooey mess that covered the translucent plastic on the front of the shadowmeter, then hardened over time.

Actually, Blacksmith does state on his site that part no. GSm-Tuner fits model 19.

Quote:Used on models 14 (late version), 16, 17, 18, 19, 28, 29, 44, 45, 118 and many other 1933 - 1936 Philco sets.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I used (GSm-Tuner) from http://www.renovatedradios.com/parts.html#rubber on my model 19b you have to buy two sets one for the top and one for the bottom worked great.

my shadow meter had a felt gasket on it.

Vinzer

Thanks again for the response. Looks like two sets of the mounting grommets, I measure almost 1/2 inch of thickness required to set the same height. Correct me if I'm wrong. One on top and one on the bottom of each mount does not seem to isolate the tuner from the chassis, isn't this a requirement?
Jerry

One goes on the top of the chassis and one on the bottom of chassis there is three screw that hold the tuner on rubber pieces have smaller side that sets in the hole in the chassis.

Vinzer