Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Is This Resistor?

This is the pushbutton assy. out of a 40-190 I'm working on. This resistor has a brown body and is green at one end. 150 ohm? It reads 220 ohms. It is in series between the #22 250pf mica cap and 6J8 pin 6. But you won't see this resistor on the schematic because the schematic shows a 7J7 being used in this set. Run 4 had the 6J8. This set has the 6J8. I've been all through the paperwork from Chuck and there is no reference to this resistor. I'd like to know if it is a 150 ohm 1/2 watt resistor.
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...013339.pdf
[Image: http://speakeasyradios.com/yahoo_site_ad...24_std.jpg]

Thanks,
Pepper

"It's Nice To Be Nice To The Nice"
Major Frank Burns Mash 4077th

Yes, it is 150 ohms.

In the production changes for this model as well as the 40-180 and 40-185, it states the following:

Quote:Run 5 - A new resistor Part No. 33-115339 not shown on diagram of the Service Bulletin was added in series with the plates [sic] of the 6J8G tube. This change was made to improve oscillator action at 18 M.C.
The resistor is in series with the oscillator plate of the 6J8G, which is...pin 6.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Thanks you Ron! I read that but it meant nothing because I didn't have anything to cross reference that resistor part number too. I figured it was a 150 ohm just way out of tolerance. But common sense should have told me it was that resistor because as you say pin 6 of the 6J8 is the oscillator plate.

Thanks again,
Pepper

Pepperoni Wrote:I read that but it meant nothing because I didn't have anything to cross reference that resistor part number too.
How to decipher Philco resistor part numbers:
http://www.philcoradio.com/tech/resistor.htm

Icon_smile

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

Pepperoni, Pretty cool how you were able to put captions in the photo. Good luck with the restoration.. Joe

Joe

Matthew 16:26 "For what does it profit a man if he gain the whole world, yet lose his own soul?"

Thanks again Ron! That's copied and pasted to my radio data folder.

Joe I use Microsoft Digital Image 2006. Guess someday I'll upgrade. It's really good, user friendly (a contradiction in terms for anything written by MS) image editing software. It allows you to do just about anything with pictures. And for posting pics here or elsewhere the resizing function is a real asset.

I bought this Dell machine about 5 years ago and thought an 80GB hard drive and 1MB of ram was plenty. Now I'm looking for an external drive to put all my radio stuff on and I just added another 2GB of ram to the machine over this past weekend. The ram was an incredible help but I still need to get some stuff off this hard drive. But nothing that I want to throw away.

Pepper