Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

42-355 Osc problem on BC/SW, PB work OK

I'm stumped with this set working OK on the station PB's, but I cant get the osc to work on the BC/SW push buttons. Is there a separate oscillator for the station push buttons? I know the coils are separate for the station PB's, but the BC osc coil and push switch contacts have been checked out OK. I'm sure this is a recurring problem, but I can't find a reference.

Thanks for some input, please

Dale

Double check the switch that switches from the pushbuttons to the dial.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Thank you Terry, I'll try looking into the switches.

Dale

Agree that L and C on push buttons are dertermined upon tuning. As I understand it, you are having diffficulty NOT using presets. Try the paper test between the rotors and stators of the tuning capacitor, and of course the windings of the oscillator coil as well. You're narly there with this set!

Correct, codefox. The oscillator does not work when the BC and SW button is depressed. I get stations only when the presets are used. I've confirmed the BC osc coil continuity is OK and "it seems the switch contacts all have the correct continuity", BUT I've strained my eyes confirming that. I don't want to completely remove the assembly due to all the rubber wire (or what's left of it).

Dale