Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Phuilco 41-280 / The Chassis is worse than I had expected

Texasrocker Wrote:<<< snip >>> I just replied to a email from Rob in regards to restoring his 41-280. I am about 200 miles west of the DFW area, but will be happy to handle the full electronic restoration of this radio if Rob decides to proceed.

Yep, I got a quick and comprehensive response from Texasrocker... I'm feeling better about this little project with each passing day!

Well, except for all the hand sanding... sigh...

Texasrocker Wrote:I lived in the Dallas for many years, but relocated out of the traffic many yrs ago.

Man, oh man, you gotta respect judgment this good! Icon_lol

Yeah Rob, I sure miss all my ol' friends in the DFW areas. Loved living there in my younger years for sure. I remember fighting the traffic for about 18 yrs. in the DFW areas. KRLD & KLIF are still two of my favorite stations! Nowadays, just before sun up,I turn on my 1936 Truetone D-723 with a longwire antenna outside my window and listen to the KRLD traffic reports from 200 miles away out here in the country. I remember being stranded in those traffic jams all too well. My wife also remembers. We just look at each other and say, "yep", been there, done that, and got the T-Shirt. Living in Austin for several yrs wasn't much better on the traffic situations either! Icon_lol