Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

40-150 unusual chassis shims

When I pulled the chassis out of my 40-150 I found these two U shaped shims held in place with staples. I figured probably not factory except they are a perfect fit. I'm wondering what others may have found in a 40-150 or maybe some other model Philco?

Larry

Very interesting. My 40-150 has those, also. Don't know why, nor do I know the significance of these. ???

On the other hand, my 40-155 does not have these, neither did a 40-155 I used to own.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

I noticed that even with the shims in the shafts are below center of the front holes. I suspect that if the shims weren't there and you tightened down the chassis bolts until they bottomed out the shafts might rub the bottom of the holes. I wonder if there is a slight difference between the 150 and 155 cabinet as far as the location of the shaft holes?

Larry

Have you replaced the rubber pieces on the corners of the chassis? I need to do that to mine, also. And as you said, without the new rubber cushions, the control shafts are still rather low (below center).

I have yet to restore the chassis in my 40-150, so I probably won't replace the rubber corner cushions until I work on the chassis.

--
Ron Ramirez
Ferdinand IN

The rubber corners are in good shape, which surprised me as I had already bought replacements. I think it may be due to the shims not allowing someone to tighten the chassis bolts until the rubber corners are squashed or cut.

Larry