Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First Post on 37-620 restoration

Hi: This is my first post on this forum and my first Philco. It's nice to have a place that has a focus on one radio brand. I'm into my chassis restoration and I have a question about one part. Its a large wattage resistor connected to the 12 uf cap. I believe its part number 64. I measure 15k but the schematic and parts list says 9k. Its probably drifted but I thought I should ask. Thanks for any advice.

Fredericton,  N.B.  Canada

Schematic here
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/PagesByModel...13212.pdf'

You should be replacing all the electrolytic and paper capacitors as well as any resistors out of tolerance. Replace that 9000 2 watt with a 10K 2 watt.

Thanks Codefox: I do have the schematic. I started replacing caps from the audio end first because I was waiting for my main filter caps. I've finished the audio and rf stages and am starting the power supply section now. So.... I can assume the schematic is correct and that is a 9K resistor?. This 37-620 is in a 37-650 cabinet. It looks like someone grafted the shadow meter from the old chassis on this one. I checked the circuit out and it looks like it might work. They removed the 10k resistor (R33) and put the shadowmeter leads there. That pretty well matches with the kind of circuit that the shadow meter came from in its original chassis. Anyway, this is an interesting radio to work on and I'm anxious to see how it performs. John

Fredericton,  N.B.  Canada