Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 345 code 122 quits after one minute.

This Philco model 345 code 122 plays and I can get a station ,but only for about one minute and then it quits...except for a slight hum. If I leave for about 10 minutes it will do the same thing. If I turn it on right after it quits then I get nothing. At one time it did play for a longer period of time and I could get stations all across the dial but when it does play[one minute] all I can get is around 660 on the dial
I have double checked all the tubes and they are good.I have checked athe voltages and they are close to specs.
Since I am not really good at this and there are no dumb questions,, I thought someone might tell me where to start looking.
Thanks in advance Dan

Living in Calgary Alberta

Hi Dan,
There are two ways of troubleshooting this set. One is to go through it with a voltmeter and see if all the voltage are as they should be. Some may not be listed in the service info. Like check the voltage at the control grid of the mixer. If it is work properly it should have a few volts - on in. Must check with 10meg input meter no VOM.
The other way is to use a signal generator to test each stage to see what not working.
Just from the sound of it I'll take a guess and say the LO is dieing.
Terry

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry